Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bon Chance


I am really digging Sheena's new designs!  The images are great for little scenes and the the style works well for clean, fresh designs.

For this Good Luck card, I stamped onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers.  I used a combination of direct coloring and a  "watercolor" technique to add color.  I scribbled my Spectrum Noir Markers onto a a piece of plastic.  Spritzed alcohol next to or in the color and picked up color with a paint brush.


If you want a stronger color, spritz next it the color and roll your paint brush into the alcohol before picking up color. For a more subtle color, spritz directly into the color.   Since this is alcohol, it does dry quickly, so you'll be spritzing often. :o) For the ground,  I used short horizontal strokes in a scribbling motion. I really like the texture the paintbrush creates.  After masking the building and ground, I used HB1 in my Copic Airbrush system to add color to the sky. 


NOTE: The color that's hard to read is the blender pen. I used it to smooth edges in the windows. 

Today is my day at the Crafter's Companion Information Blog.  Each day the Design is sharing ideas and inspiration. The Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog has even more!  Both sites are having a huge give a away this month. Be sure to visit!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!