Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"Helpful" Neighbors

This week I'm working on a card using the new Ai Front & Back images.



Do you have helpful neighbors - the kind that love to tell you what you should doing to your yard, to your house, with your life? :o) This design features Hal (Sku#4233) and Judy (Sku#4232)  leaning over the Fence (Sku#P1499) having a chat - Judy is telling Hal what he should be doing.  Hal's expressions is priceless!

I stamped the images onto Cryogen and colored with my Copics. I stamped several images at one time and just colored. I had a "play date" with my ATC sisters where we brought whatever we were working on and just created, shared and visited all afternoon. I chose to 'just color.' Below is the photo showing the markers I used for this project. You can see some images for future projects in the shot. :o)



I cut out the images and edged with a black marker.


Next adhered the front and back heads together - just the heads, so I'll be able to lay their arms over the fence


Next I worked on the base card. I laid the images down for placement and marked a pencil line at the top of fence.

I cut down the folded center of the card to my pencil line and then cut across.


For the background, I stamped the house from the Lakehouse TF (Sku#4204) set and colored it in using markers from the photo above (plus G21 and G24) .  To add additional trees, I masked the tree on the left and the same image.  To add the little forest, I inked up the Sm. Forest (Sku#E692) image directly with different green ink pads, masked the ground stamped. I filled in any spots I missed with a marker. I stamped   Not Bossy (Sku#G2624) on the inside.



To finish it off, I added glossy accents to their glasses.


Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!