Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Colorful Background

Happy Tuesday!! A few weeks ago, I shared a background technique with Spectrum Noir Markers. Well, I had so much fun, I made some more! :o)  This background features a yellow, greens and a splash of blue. The featured stars are CT1, DG2, DG3, BT7.  The supporting cast includes rubbing alcohol and a fat straw. 




I liberally spritzed the semi-glossy paper with alcohol then dropped color onto the paper.  I blew the color around with a straw until I was happy with it. NOTE: If it dries too soon, spritz with alcohol again. I set it aside to dry. I just love how the blending naturally occurred with the rich, vibrant colors - and the texture that was created.  You get a lovely surprise every time!  This time, I smooshed a clean piece of cardstock on top of a finished one. I liked it.  So I did again it. :o) I like having a variety!



Next for the focal point, I chose one of the foliage images from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Garden. I spritzed a very small amount of alcohol onto the rubber and then colored DG3 and BT7 directly onto it and stamped it onto semi-glossy card stock. Be sure to clean your stamp right away with a little bit of alcohol to remove the color and lots of water.  I really dig the vivid colors! 



List of Supplies:


Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena