Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spectrum Noir Technique



Today I'm sharing another Spectrum Noir technique!  Have you been thinking about coloring directly to rubber with Spectrum Noir markers but have not tried it yet?  I encourage you to go for it! That's exactly what I did on this card.  I was inspired by this tree in my yard.  I could see perfect leaves, not so perfect leaves, some are all one color, and others that are a blend of colors.


For my card, I picked the leaves from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Garden set. Oh!! How I love all the possibilities with her silhouette images!  I colored directly onto the rubber with my markers, using the chisel end. NOTE: with light colors, you will not be able to see the ink, but it's there!



Next, I spritzed with alcohol then stamped onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers. NOTE: Do not spray directly onto the stamp, but allow the mist to fall on it. If you spray directly, the force of the spray washes the color completely off the stamp. Ask me how I know. :o) I was so happy with the blending that just 'happened!'



I repeated several times, stamping randomly. For the last couple of times, I just colored and stamped - no alcohol, I wanted to see the difference. One branch, I just used one color.  I liked how it turned out!  I cleaned my stamp right away, by spritzing a little alcohol and then water.


Next, I airbrushed a light blue sky with TB2. When I airbrush skies, I like to work in a horizontal motion and leave white space for clouds.


I used one of the new Embossalicious folders (I love that name! :o)) to give one of my layers texture.  On the inside I colored on the butterfly image and spritzed alcohol, allowing just the mist to fall on the stamp.


Here's a close up so you can see the cool texture it creates.


Description...

List of Supplies Used
Stamps: Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Silhouette Garden
PaperUltra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol MarkersStampin' Up! black & summer sun
Ink/ColoringSpectrum Noir Markers,  VersaFine onyx black ink pad
Accessories: alcohol in a spray bottle, Copic Airbrush System, Embossalicious 6" X 6" Embossing Folder - Floral Frenzy


Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena