Friday, December 14, 2012

Floating Butterflies

Hello Beautiful People!  Here's a way to make a fun, textured background using your Spectrum Noir Markers. This card was inspired by an article I read in CardMaker by Colleen Schaan. I've been a follower of Colleen for a long time and I think she is so talented. I'm so happy for all the good things happening for her! And so happy to share this design inspired by her designs!




To make the background, I scribbled markers onto a non-stick surface, spritzed color with rubbing alcohol and also spritzed glossy cardstock.  Next, I spritzed alcohol onto felt, and picked up color. I used combination of swirling and tapping on the cardstock to create the background. I just kept adding color until I liked it. I allowed it to dry completely. 


Next, I used the swirl image in the Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors set to stamp into the background. I spritzed the felt with the alcohol and tapped it onto the rubber. I quickly held the stamp down onto the background and slowly counted to 10.  As it dried, the alcohol spread the color and them image pop out - subtle, yet adds to the texture of the background. I also tried spritzing directly onto the rubber and then stamp. You can see it creates a larger area.  Depending on what you are looking for, you have choices.


For the Sheena butterflies, I repeated the same process for their background. NOTE: I did put on a fresh felt piece between color schemes.  I stamped the image in black, sprinkled with emboss powder, and heat set.


To finish off the card, I cut out the butterflies, adhered them with dimensional tape and stamped the sentiment. The butterflies look like they are floating.  I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy way to make a textured background.

NOTE: Be sure to work in a well ventilated area as the alcohol smell can sometimes be strong.



Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

InLinkz