Monday, June 17, 2013

Sheena's New Release - A Little Bit Festive and Blog Candy Winner

Sheena's new release is coming!  It's all about winter. I know, I know...it's only June! :o)



These images are from the Snowy Wellies set and will be available soon at Crafter's Companion. I stamped the boot image twice onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers and colored them with my Spectrum Noir Markers. I used a combination of direct coloring to the cardstock and also pallet coloring - scribble color onto an acrylic block and pick up with a lighter color. As you lay the color on the cardstock, a natural blending occurs.  To see a video of this method of coloring, click here.  I colored the black boots, snow and sled on the base image, and colored and cut out the green and red boots from the second image.



Boots: DR3, DR5, DR7, CT1, CT4, GB4; CG2, CG4, JG1, JG7; IG4, IG8, IG10
Sled: TN2, TN4, TN6, GB4
Snow: 0, 1B1

To help the snow glisten, I used a glitter pen. 


On the inside, I included the sentiment from the set on matching layers. 


Here's a photo of all the Spectrum Noir colors I used on this project:


Crafter's Companion has had several new releases. For more ideas, be sure to pop over to the Crafter's Companion Information Blog, as well as visit the Crafter's Companion DT members.  You can see their latest designs by clicking on the names on the left side of my blog.

Blog Candy winner



Thank you so much for your nice comments and for sharing your favorite Ai images.  The winner is comment is from Caryn S.
----------------------------------
Caryn S said...












I love the Girlfriends sets, probably like a lot of people. My favorites of this collection are Party Girls and Picture Perfect, I can't decide which one of these images I like more!