Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gelato Background


 I had such an awesome day on Monday! After dropping off greeting cards at Anderson's, I attended a class with Donna Downey!! What a fun and awesome teacher she is.  I took her 40 techniques class. Talk about action packed!  I'll be sharing photos at Stamping, Painting, and Color make me Giggle  later this week.

For my project today, I went through three background techniques in my mind, and then settled on this one. :o)

Started with inking up the Art-Kure elm tree image with VersaMark dazzle ink pad onto  Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Marker. I sprinkled ultra thick clear embossing powder and heat set. Tip I learned from Donna.  For the thick powder, heat from the back. That way your powder does not fly all over.


Next, I colored onto the paper with Faber Castell gelato sticks.  I bought these little sticks last year and had only used them once. :o)  Donna inspired me to get them out.  I dipped them into water and colored all over the card stock.   After coloring the entire piece, I dipped my finger into the water and smoothed out all the color.  I wiped away the color over the embossed image with a baby wipe.



Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!  
Trena