Tuesday, July 31, 2012

mmmmm...Ice Cream!



Today I'm sharing a line that will be coming out this week called Moreheads.  Such adorable little children!

I started with the background layer.  I ran a piece of craft cardstock (SU!) through my handheld paper crimper. I used a blending tool and a tea dye Distress Ink pad to add some shading to the background layer.


Next, I stamped my cute little boy image twice onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers.  I took out the Spectrum Noir Marker combo chart I made  to choose my colors. On the first image, I colored:
  • jeans ( TB3, TB5, TB6) and allowed the color to dry. To give his pants some texture, I dipped denim fabric into alcohol - it should be moist, not saturated. I laid the fabric over the colored area and pressed gently. The longer you leave the fabric down, the more color spreads. It spread beyond the lines, and that was OK because I planed to cut it out.  NOTE: the longer you leave the fabric on the cardstock, the more the color will spread.    
  •  ice cream cone-TN3, TN4, TN5, TN7, PP3, PP4, PP5 and his hand-TN3 on this piece of cardstock.    
I cut out his jeans, ice cream cone and hand. TIP: when you cut out a partial image, use a black marker to edge it.  It will help make the image pop and will fill in for any areas you may cut too close.On the second image I colored:
  • skin - TN3
  • eyes - TN7
  • hat- CR8, CR10, CR11, and a little blender for texture. 
  • gym shoe s- IG2
  • shirt - CT1, CT2, CT4, IG10
On the base image, I colored around edge of his jeans just to provide a little color if something does not match. I did the same thing for the ice cream, cone, and his hand (after I took the photo :o)).



I used a Spellbinders die cuts to cut out a circle around the image. I left the die cut on and used the blending tool to give a little color.   Adhered all the layers. Added a highlight to his eyes with a white Sharpie pen and some star dusk Stickles to his ice cream to finish it off.

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!  

Trena