Thursday, August 16, 2012

Art Impressions Challege - Flowers

This week's challenge is Flowers.  I chose this versatile little vase of roses to highlight in a greeting card.

I inked up the image in gold, stamped it on watercolor paper, sprinkled with emboss powder and heat set. I then scribbled markers onto a pallet and "painted' the flowers and vase.   Such a simple, yet beautiful bouquet!


I added layers of gold and white embossed leaves.  On the inside I stamped the image in gold.


List of Supplies Used: 
Please pop over to the Art Impressions challenge for this week to see a bunch of inspirational Flower ideas!  You can enter for a chance to win a coupon!!

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

 Trena

5 comments:

KYCrafter said...

Love this card!!! Great work!! As usual!

christi said...

gorgeous card. i love the emossing folder for the background. it's stunning as well.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Trena! What a gorgeous card and the embossing looks fab!

Thanks for visiting and following me. I'm so happy to have you in my family, and so looking forward to getting better acquainted!

I've been looking through your creations and love-love your creations!!!

I'm following you to now, so I'll be dropping by again!

grandmalee said...

What a gorgeous card! I could imagine this for so many things...birthday, thank you, sympathy and more. I love the gold with the white. Thanks again for reminding me to use my Marvy LePlume markers like watercolors. These poor babies have been neglected lately. I see that you use hot pressed paper for watercolors. Do you know the difference between this and cold pressed? I see that lots of people use them for the same thing.

Denise said...

What a lovely and elegant card! Love your coloring of the water and pretty embossing :)