Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rich Sprayed Background



This week I'm working on a variety of backgrounds - looking for ways to blend color and create something unique. I learned today's technique from Tim Holtz - Tim has great ideas for different ways to use ink.  I made little bottles of sparkling color in a spray form. I created several different colors by mixing re-inkers with Perfect Pearls and water.

I sprayed the background and dried it with a heat gun.


I looked for the perfect image with lots of detail and character - I found it! I stamped Covered Bridge (Sku#P1212) with a rich black ink so it would really pop.  NOTE: I used a stamp positioner to get the image in exact spot I wanted it to.  Iintroduced life into the scene by adding Flying Ducks (Sku#I3256), and trimmed the scene down to fit on a square card.


I used the extra background I had trimmed on the inside.




Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!