Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ai Blog Hop Featuring New Girlfriends!

Welcome to the Art Impressions NEW Challenge Launch. We are celebrating with a  Blog Hop featuring new Girlfriends 2013 images!  Each Design Team Member will be giving away a new set!!

For a chance to win, please leave me a comment. 

You are welcome to leave a comment on each DT member's Blog - one comment per person please.

On April 17, I will use the Random Number Generator  to pick a winner. 

Each DT member will post the winner on her blog on April 18.


I have two fun designs to share with you today! The first design features The Pedal Pusher set.



Another new item that's coming is card kits!! For my designs today, I used the GIRLFRIENDS CARD KIT 2.  It has beautiful design papers, colors and matching embellishments. All the papers and embellishments used in my designs today are from one of the kits.


I stamped the images on the background paper, design papers and Cryogen as the base image that I colored. After coloring, I cut out the pieces. NOTE: I cut the small inside pieces first with a craft knife, the cut out the outside part of the image.



The second design features the Stayin' Afloat set.


I Stamped onto Cryogen and also onto pieces of design papers. Next, I colored with Copics and cut out Girlfriends and the design paper pieces.  I used a black water based marker to edge all the pieces. I find this adds a nice finished look - plus, it will fill in for any spots you may have missed coloring up the edge. :o)



I used liquid glue to adhere all the paper pieces and used a marker to add color to the tiny wooden heart that came in the kit.  The ribbon and dot embellishments from the kit added a nice touch.  I used glitter pens to add bling to their earrings and ice cubes.



On the inside I added pieces of design paper and a sentiment from the set.


The Ai DT has lots of fabulous designs using the new sets.  In addition to these two, there are two more new sets!!  

Please visit each DT member and leave a comment. 

Check out what fabulous design Zora has next!!

Also, be sure to pop over to the Art Impressions challenge to see all the details! 

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

42 comments:

Susan Kennedy said...

Gorgeous!! LOVE your piecing!! Its absolutely fantastic!! The card is just perfect!!!

Joyce Casaldi said...

Love the new girlfriends, very fun cards!

Dawn said...

Oh, I like the intense colors... the kraft paper give them a different feel!

Eldanka said...

I love these gorgeous dimesional cards :)

Michele Bruns said...

Cute, cute, cute!

marsha said...

Love them all! Such cute cards and awesome coloring.
Hugs,
Marsha

Chitra Nair said...

Cute cards, love them.. Lovely kits, and the stamps are the cutest..

Sandy Beach said...

Love the new girlfriend stamps . They always put a smile on your face. Love the new kits they are awesome.

Jaanuska said...

Awesome and wonderful cards! I also want the prize draw! : D

Michaela Lejonberg said...

O so amazing things you've done! Mee like:)

I really would like to win:)
Excuse me for my bad english!

//Michaela - http://familjenlejonberghjorth.se/scrapbooking

Monika said...

I really like that you didn't stamp on a white background.
And I would love to win the prize!

Nickan73a said...

lovely ladies! very pretty cards

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful card. Love the image of the pedal pusher gals.

patti said...

I really like all the little detail on your card. Would love a chance to win this stamp!!!

Stephanie Pederslie said...

Great instructions! Love the cards!

Alice Carman said...

Wow...you make it look so easy!

MjDidDoIt said...

Love the way you cut them out and used pattern paper for their clothes and stuff!! gives me new ideas!!!

Ingela G said...

It looks great when you stamp on colored paper! The stamps are funny!

Jeannie Bean said...

Great ideas I can't wait to try!

lynnscraps said...

I really like the use of color. Thanks for the tip on using the black marker, it really does give it a more finished look.

lynnscraps said...

I really like the use of color. Thanks for the tip on using the black marker, it really does give it a more finished look.

Dorothy S said...

This is a great image to paper piece - and thanks for your detailed description.

Kicki said...

Lovely cards, great idea to cut out from pattern paper!
And I like those ladies, they look just like human people! ;)

xoxo Kicki

Isha Gupta said...

Love these cute images and cards. TFS

Jackie said...

Your card is beautiful! I love these new stamps.

Sue said...

Love how you used kraft cardstock! And Love the new Girlfriend Images!

zub momi said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for the sharing the tutorial :)

jonim52 said...

Love these new images, and your cards are awesome.

Rhonda Harre said...

Love the new Ai Girlfriend stamps!! You did an awesome job at paper piecing. The Girlfriends really pop out. Thanks for the chance to win.

the bean said...

Love, love, love your cards ! Absolutely you used my favorite colors - thank you for sharing !

Directmailscrapper said...

I don't know if I should comment on your amazing coloring skills or your fabulous layouts -- or both! What a great job -- and these images are so fun!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

wow totally fabulous!!! I really love how you have fussy cut all those pieces! AMAZING job!

Unknown said...

Love your cards. They are so much fun!
Love all the "girlfriends" stamp sets! Mine just arrived and can't wait to get started!

Kavitha Vadhri said...

loved your card, paper piercing is just awesome. cute stamps

Tracy said...

These are fantastic! I love the look you achieved stamping on the DP paper on the first card and then overlaying the colored image. Great job on cutting that image out. Lots of work there. :-) Fabulous cards!

Carissa said...

These are fantastic. Love the way you have paper pieced the images. All that fussy cutting must have taken a long time but the end result is worth it.

Lezlye Lauterbach said...

great image! Love these ladies! Love both your cards and the paper piecing!

Caryn S said...

Love the backgrounds and your coloring! So vibrant.

margs said...

Great paper piecing! Love AI!

Barbara Thompson said...

I just love these girlfriend stamps!! Love all the paper piecing you did!

Leslie Small said...

Clever use of patterns and color combos!

bissecat said...

The paper piecing is fun and lovely cards you make.