Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Simply Wonderful



I created this design card for a Style Challenge - Colors: Red, Orange, Kraft / Element: Apples when I was on the Ai DT. My DT duty ended, but Ai is still near and dear to my heart.  I stamped the Picket Fence (Sku#G1215) in white craft ink onto craft cardstock, sprinkled with emboss powder and heat set. 


Next I colored with markers.  For the very small section, I lightly dabbed color in.  The alcohol markers blend nicely on the craft cardstock. For areas where I colored over the image, I used the 0 blender to remove the color.  NOTE: I usually use clear embossing powder with my alcohol markers. I thought white would be ok, since it's almost clear.  :o) I do not use my markers with color or metallic embossing powders.


I cut my circle before stamping Flying Ducks (Sku#I3256). The sentiment if from the Lakehouse TF (Sku#4204) set. I cut around the sentiment with my paper trimmer. I added the embossed line by setting in my paper trimmer and using an embossing tool in the little track to create a straight embossed line.



On the inside of the card, I added Apples (Sku#AA3290) in a Wooden Barrel (Sku#F1730).   I stamped the barrel first, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set.  I masked the top with a paper towel and stamped the apples to look like they were inside. I sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set.  I masked those apples and the barrel, stamped the apples one more time, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set.  And then, I colored. :o)



Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!