Thursday, June 28, 2012

AI Challenge - Gift Card Holder



This weeks AI challenge is Gift Card Holders.   I chose this adorable Snowman Keeper to feature.   The Card Keepers come with directions and ideas on how to put the images together.   I made it A2 size so that it fits nicely in an envelop to mail.

First, I inked up the image with a VersaFine ink pad, stamped onto 140lb cold press watercolor paper, sprinkled black embossing powder and heat set. I used my Tombow Dual Brush Pens to color. Scroll down to see projects I've done with details on in-direct and direct coloring with Tombows.  Such an easy and fun way to add color!!  The design paper is from Scrapworks Designs.

Here's a photo of what it looks like before the gift card is slid in.  I used a craft knife to cut slits on either side of the bow and the corner of the Christmas tree so the gift card can slide right in.


Tombow colors used:
N55, N95
062, 993
158, 177, 192
847, 873, 856
947, 977

Please pop over to the challenge for this week to see a bunch of gift card holder ideas!


Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!  
Trena