Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wax Wine



Sharing another card with wax - wine wax. :o)

Stamped wine, glass and grapes image onto glossy paper - this is for the pieces I cut out.   Stamped several wine glass images randomly onto large piece of glossy paper - this is for the background. Added wax to both using an iron. I also melted a little metallic crayon in with the wax  - the metallic adds an interesting texture.

I stamped the wine bottle image onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers. This is for my base image. I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color. Colored base image sections that I was not planning to cover with the paper pieces. 


Next I cut out the pieces of the wax image - wine bottle, wine in glass and grapes and adhere those onto the base image. TIP: when using the paper piecing technique, I use a liquid adhesive to adhere pieces - the liquid gives you a little more time to shimmy your piece into place.  Also, many times I will add a little color to the base card where I place my pieces. That way if my cutting was not precise, it will not be obvious with a big white space. :o)

For a little added extra touch, I used a white pen to add highlights.  I used the IG2 marker to draw a subtle outline around the complete image.

To lean more about Encaustic Painting, you can visit Encaustic Creations

Thanks for visiting!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena