Happy Tuesday! For this project, I'm using an idea from Stacy. Last week on the Crafter's Companion Information Blog, Stacy shared a beautiful smile page and talked about using a sketch layout as a starting point to help layout your scrapbook page.
I'm in the process of capturing some precious memories in our family - make that the slooooowww process. My art work is displayed in greeting cards, and I'm stepping out of my comfort zone because I really want to capture these special events.
For several years, we have had a family cookout. During the summer, my side of the family and my husband's side of the family all gather at my cousin's house and spend the whole day together. As soon as the sun went down, we would have a bonfire - with marsh mellows, of course! My cousin lives out in the country, next door to his parents. My Aunt and Uncle had cows, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs, cats and a huge garden - a real farm. You can image all the fun the kids had! These two pages capture some of the fun at one of our gatherings. Sheena's new images coming out next week worked great to compliment the pages! I added some color to each image with my Spectrum Noir Markers.
I stamped out the images on Ultra Smooth Premium White Card stock for Alcohol Markers. Starting with the duck image, I used TB3 to color the water. I "painted' the color on using the painting technique I shared in a previous post - click here to see it. I colored directly on the card stock to shade around his feathers with BGR1 and used the blender pen to soften the color. For his feet, I used OR1 and CR10. I had decided that I would use a white border for my photos since my base paper is so dark. I wanted a black layer under the duck image. Rather than adhere another layer, I used the True Black Spectrum marker to create a border.
For the cows, I decided I only wanted to color the one in the front and the grass. I used TN8 and TN9 to color his body. As with the duck's feathers, I used BGR1 for shading in the cow's white areas. I used TN2 to add a little color to his face, and EB1 and PP1 for his nose. I added color to the grass, and across the bottom with DG2 and drew a border like I did for the duck.
Before gluing everything down, I tried several different layouts using various sites I found on line. When I picked the one I liked, I took a snap shot so I could remember. :o) My brain space is quite full and I really do need an additional drive to plug into the back of my head, but I have not found one on Amazon yet. :o) The embellishments are from Shelly's Buttons. The base card stock and title letters are from Club Scrap. The picture of lemonade was just the right size to cover up my 'boo boo.' :o) Was moving a little too fast with my marker border to match the cows and duck layers. Remember, it's not how perfect your creation is the first time, but how well you can cover up the boo boos. LOL!
Here are the markers I used:
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!