Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mother's Day Iris


I made this card for this month's Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog. The theme this month is Mother's Day.  As soon as these images came out, I knew what I wanted to do!  I chose this lovely Art-Kure Bearded Iris.  This is what I did:

Inked up image with gold ink pad, stamped onto  Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set.  NOTE: Use only clear embossing powder with alcohol inks.



Then, I started coloring - my favorite part! Sometimes I stamp several images and just color.  :o)  I started with the leaves. I used the tip to tip technique.  In each section, I laid down a base color of my lightest green, CG1. Then I took the tip of my CG1 and pick up the darker green DG3 and colored, started where I wanted the darkest color. As I pulled the color, the dark ran out and it blended beautifully.  I repeated to completed color all the green.



Next, I moved to the pedals. I colored the yellow first and then pulled the lavender from the outside in, following the pattern of the flower.  Here are all the markers I used:

The design paper is from my stash - the unmarked pile. The ribbon is recycled from a gift. Save that ribbon! :o)  Please visit the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog and Crafter's Companion Info Blog for more ideas!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena

2 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Your coloring is always so wonderful!Such a beautiful design and mixture of colors.
Hugs sweetie

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

amazing how life works. we must be on the same wavelength as i've been thinking of you lately... and then.... here you are in my comments! how nice to see you! hope all is well with you. things are really good for me.

your card is simply beautiful.... as always.

stay well, stay happy and a very happy easter to you. let's not be strangers.

hugs :)