Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mother's Day Iris


I made this card for this month's Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog. The theme this month is Mother's Day.  As soon as these images came out, I knew what I wanted to do!  I chose this lovely Art-Kure Bearded Iris.  This is what I did:

Inked up image with gold ink pad, stamped onto  Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set.  NOTE: Use only clear embossing powder with alcohol inks.



Then, I started coloring - my favorite part! Sometimes I stamp several images and just color.  :o)  I started with the leaves. I used the tip to tip technique.  In each section, I laid down a base color of my lightest green, CG1. Then I took the tip of my CG1 and pick up the darker green DG3 and colored, started where I wanted the darkest color. As I pulled the color, the dark ran out and it blended beautifully.  I repeated to completed color all the green.



Next, I moved to the pedals. I colored the yellow first and then pulled the lavender from the outside in, following the pattern of the flower.  Here are all the markers I used:

The design paper is from my stash - the unmarked pile. The ribbon is recycled from a gift. Save that ribbon! :o)  Please visit the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog and Crafter's Companion Info Blog for more ideas!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena