Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crafter's Companion Challenge - Fall Colors




This month's challenge at Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog is Fall Colors.

I inked up this cute bird image with VersaFine, stamped onto cold press watercolor paper sprinkled with emboss powder, and heat set.

Next, I trimmed down the paper and started coloring! My choice of medium today - Tombow Dual Brush Pens.  I worked in one small area at a time using  a combination of direct and in-direct methods to fill in color.  For the direct method, I colored directly onto the paper with the markers and then spread the color with a water brush, starting in the lightest area - and always starting with a clean brush.  In very small areas, I colored just a small amount and left part of the area without color - that would be the "lightest" color that I started in. For the in-direct method, I scribbled the marker onto a non-stick surface and picked up color with a water brush.  As with traditional water coloring, I wet the area first.  TIP: if you want more contrast, you can add a darker color after an area drys - this works with both methods.

On the inside I added a piece of matching design paper. 



List of Supplies Used
Stamps: Stamp-It-Australia EZMount™ Stamp - What a Hoot, Meadow Cottage Bears EZMount Stamp Set - Happy Birthday
Paper: watercolor 140 lb. cold press, Papertrey Ink design, Stampin' Up! really rust and very vanilla
Ink/ColoringVersaFine onyx black ink padTombow Dual Brush Pens,
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! black emboss powder, Watercolor Palette #WCPLT, waterbrush

Please pop over to the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog to see a bunch of inspirational fall color ideas!  You can enter for chances to win great products from Crafter's Companion!!


Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena