Monday, November 26, 2012

A Colorful Poinsettia


Hello Beautiful Crafter's Companion Buds!  If you've been reading my posts, you know that I love different Spectrum Noir techniques. In this post, I'm sharing a tutorial on how to use Spectrum Noir ink refills to create a quick greeting card that you can easily mass produce for your Christmas list.

To start with, I chose CR4, CR8, DR3 for the colors of the poinsettia. Next,  I liberally spritzed a piece of semi glossy cardstock with 91% rubbing alcohol then dropped in color. The ink refills come with dropper caps which makes this technique so easy. I blew the color around with a straw until I was happy with it. NOTE: If it dries before you are happy with it, spritz with alcohol again. I set it aside to dry completely.


I then stamped the Stamp-It Holiday Collection EZMount Stamp - Poinsettia image three times with a metallic gold ink pad, sprinkled gold embossing powder and heat set. Usually, I use clear embossing powder with alcohol inks, but since, the alcohol ink is already down, I can use anything on top that I find works for the results I want.  Be careful not to hold the heat gun on one area for too long. Don't worry about any imperfections, you can layout your design to cover them. :o) I cut out each poinsettia and also embossed a full sheet of Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers with my eBosser for my background layer. I like the ability to emboss a whole sheet - I can cut it into four A2 size layers, or use it for different size projects.  Click here to see the easy instructions by Jennie.


For the inside of the card, I used the Stamp-It Holiday Collection EZMount Stamp - Love Joy Peace sentiment.




Supplies Used:



Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena