Friday, March 30, 2012

Spectrum Noir Background Technique



Today I'm sharing a background technique using Spectrum Noir Markers.   I'm having such a good time with mine!! For this technique, you'll need glossy paper, alcohol, a plastic pallet, and a cotton ball.

Scribble the markers of your choice on the plastic palette. I used CG1, CT3, PL2 and LV2.

Next, spritz alcohol on the palette, the glossy cardstock and your cotton ball.


Dab your cotton ball into the colors and then dab onto the glossy cardstock. Repeat until you get the results you want.  I had to wipe off my plastic and scribble two more times to get this results.


I was on a roll and tried a couple more color combinations: CG2, DG2, JG6 and CR10, PL4, TB6.  There are many color combinations to try! I stopped there though, so I could finish my project. :o)


 To color this cute little bunny, I started with Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers. Memento ink what I recommend with alcohol ink markers. You'll want to make sure the ink is completely dry.  I added some blades of grass and colored in around his feet.  I used papers and cards stock from Pearlescent Paper & Card Pack - Brights to complete the card.


Here are the markers I used for this project:


I had the perfect image for the green background. :o)  I chose this lovely Elm Tree from Art-Kure. I used another color in the Pearlescent Paper & Card Pack - Brights to complete the card.



Thank you for stopping by!! Please come back to get more ideas and inspiration!!


Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena