Thursday, September 27, 2012

Art Impressions Challenge - Bunting & Banners

This week's challenge is Bunting & Banners at the Art Impressions Blog.



I made this card for my nieceI stamped the birthday banner window onto Yupo white watercolor .  Yupo paper is a wonderful paper! It has different properties than watercolor paper and with a little practice you'll get to know it.  For water coloring I chose Tombow Dual Brush Pens.  I used a combination of direct [color on paper and spread color with a brush] and in-direct [scribble marker onto a non-stick surface and pick up color with a brush].


For the banner pieces, I laid small pieces of different patterns of the design paper on top of each other and cut one triangle - voila all the same size! :o)   On the inside, I stamped the scroll onto Cryogen card stock and hand drew the letters - I also added the number 5 for her age.  Cryogen is another wonder paper / cardstock. Rather than the water brush,  I used the blender pen, or a lighter shade marker, to pick up color from the pallet.  I think Nyla will like her card!


List of Supplies Used: 
Stamps: Sm. Scroll (Sku#I1988),  Birthday Banner Window (Sku#M3198)
PaperYupo white watercolorCryogenStampin' Up! design & turquoise
Ink/ColoringStazOn jet black in padSakura Micron archival ink penTombow Dual Brush Pens
Accessories: water brush, Spellbinders Die Cuts, white gel pen, Watercolor Palette #WCPLT


Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena