Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Textured Furniture


It's Tuesday and my day to post at the Art Impressions Blog! This week I'm working on creating texture on furniture.


I colored my furniture first and allowed it to dry. Next I dipped my fabric into some alcohol - I used 91%.   I laid the fabric over the furniture and lightly pressed, one section at a time. The alcohol makes the color spread on the cardstock and take on the pattern of the fabric. NOTE: squeeze out most of the liquid so that the fabric is damp, not too wet.  The longer you lay it down, the more the color will spread. 


I finished coloring the whole scene and cut out the pieces.  I drew a base board, outlet and light switch on  the design paper. I added color with the markers.


List of Supplies Used: 
Coloring/Ink Copic Markers 0, B91,  C1, C3, C5, C7,  BG11, BG13, BG18, E000, E02, E17, E33, E35, G40, G82, R21, R24, Y13, YG05;  Memento Black ink pad,  Copic Markers multiliner 0.03
Accessories - fabric, alcohol

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena