Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Love You!





The new Strawberry Kisses Christmas sets are coming out this week and they are sooooooo cute!  Today I'm featuring the Love You set.  For coloring I chose Tombow Dual Brush Pens on watercolor paper.  I used a combination of direct [color on paper and spread color with a brush] and in-direct [scribble marker onto a non-stick surface and pick up color with a brush].

After I painted the adorable kitten, I cut him out. I used one of the new embossing folders to give my background some depth. I liked the combination of the circles and squares. I also popped his feet.  I'd like to be able to say this was a design feature of the card to give it dimension, but the truth is, this was the result of a "boo boo." :o)  I colored his feet darker than I wanted, so I covered them up with newly colored feet.



Stamps:  Strawberry Kisses
Paper: watercolor 140 lb. hot pressed, Memory Box DesignStampin' Up! green galore, Neenah Solar White
Ink/ColoringStazOn jet black in padTombow Dual Brush Pens
Accessories:  SticklesEmbossing Folder plaid template,  Watercolor Palette #WCPLT,  Watercolor Brush NO. 4 #WCBRUSH 4, black fine line marker

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!