Saturday, September 1, 2012

Crafter's Companion Sept Challenge - Stripes or Dots

For this month's Crafter's Companion Challenge  - Stripes or Dots, I chose to feature  A Present for You  set that was given away during Crafter's Companion's Birthday celebration.  




To color the image, I water colored with re-inkers. I added drops of color to a non-stick palette, wet one area at a time on the image and dropped in color.  The hardest part of this technique is patience. :o)  Allow the colors to dry in an area before adding more color to an area right next to it.  This paper took a looooooooooooooong time to dry with the inks. :o) The combination of paper and ink blend together nicely.   NOTE: I save my palette until I'm completely finished.  You can even save it and add water to the dried colors to reuse.  This paper is very forgiving. You can add water to "erase" or pull out color, even after it's dry.


You can do this technique with what ever re-inkers you have.  Try them on a variety of papers to see what combination of ink and paper/cardstock you like - learn the qualities of ink and paper together.  For any colors I don't have, I mix colors to get what I want, or add in a lot of water to create a subtle shade. If you are not getting the results you want, add a little more water or a little less water.  I keep little examples of different techniques I've tried, so I don't have to start over every time. If I go by my memory, I'm in trouble. LOL.

I found some A Muse design paper in my stash with stripes and dots. I used my Spectrum Noir Markers - CT3, TB9, and  LG3 to add more colors to match the image I colored.

List of Supplies Used: 
Stamps: Humphrey's Corner Collection - A Present for You
Paper:  Yupo white watercolor. A Muse,  Stampin' Up! green galore, Neenah Solar White
Inks/Coloring: StazOn jet black in pad, , Posh Impressions Rainbow InkSpectrum Noir Markers
Accessories: Watercolor Brush NO. 4 #WCBRUSH 4,


Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena