Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Birthday One Year Old!

S.w.a.l.k. designs has an image for every occasion and in this post I'm sharing a card I made for a baby's first birthday featuring the adorable image called Sweet Little Girl.


I colored the image using my Spectrum Noir Markers and paper pieced the pillow. When I paper piece, I use a black water based marker to edge the pieces. The black edge helps to provide a nice finish. I used IG1 to give the pillow a little shading.  To color the kitten, I colored her with IG4 and then used IG1 and the Blender to dot in some texture.




I used punches to cut out different size circles from my scraps to match the design paper. On the inside I added a sentiment that comes in the set and layered it on a piece of the design paper.


A bright card for a bright little 1 year old!

Resource: If you need some tips on coloring skin, I highly recommend visiting the Spectrum Noir Blog video tutorial on coloring skin. The tutorial covers both light and dark skin.

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!