Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fairies and Ink

I am having so much fun with Sheena's images!  New fabulous designs are coming out this week!  My card today  features a fairy from her new Hidden Fairy release and stamps from her Silhouette Garden set.


I'm using a coloring technique that I learned at the Create Retreat last week. I stamped the images with StazOn  onto Yupo watercolor paper and then used a paintbrush to add liquid frisquet to the Fairy's wings.


After it dried, I  dropped a color of an alcohol ink in a few spots and blew the drops with a straw. I repeated with a few colors. After I added all the color I wanted, I spritzed alcohol onto the color. I then blew the color around until I was happy with it. I spritzed once more and left it alone, to leave some dots and add texture. I also tried this on semi-glossy but did not get the same effect. The combination of  the Yupo paper and alcohol inks is what makes the nice blending.  I recommend you try this technique with different papers to see what you like best.


After the ink dried, I removed the frisquet with an adhesive remover and the gently pulled it with my fingers.



List of Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Silhouette Garden, Hidden Fairies (coming out this week!)
PaperYupo white watercolorStampin' Up! basic black, Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers
Ink/Coloring:   StazOn jet black in padAdirondack Alcohol Inks
Accessories: Pebeo liquid frisquetStickles Star Dust, alcohol in a spray bottle

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena