Monday, August 6, 2012

Friendship ... Together Forever


I'm so excited! I get to share the Monday Inspiration Project this week at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog! The theme this month is FRIENDSHIP.  I thought this cute, cute Strawberry Kisses EZMount Stamp Set - Together set was just perfect to capture friendship.

Sometimes, it's hard to think of what colors to use for an image or scene. I have had moments where I stared at an image on the cardstock, thinking color inspiration is going to come me...and then it doesn't. :o)  The majority of Crafter's Companion images come in color packaging, which provides a nice guide!

Strawberry Kisses EZMount Stamp Set - Together


For my project today, I stamped the boot image twice onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers.  I add the bubbles and sentiment with one of the boots, and colored that as my base image.  I used the packaging for my color inspiration. :o) I took out the Spectrum Noir Marker combo chart I made  to find the markers to match.  I colored just the two friends on the second image and cut them out.  TIP: when you cut out a partial image, use a black marker to edge it.  It will help make the image pop and will fill in for any areas you may cut too close.

At first I was going to just adhere the friends onto the base image, then I decided to pop them up, so I went back and colored a light shade on the puppy's ears and the kitten's bow on the base image.

To add dimension, I added some 3D Crystal Lacquer on the bubbles.  I also put some star dust stickles on the kitten's bow and in the center of the flowers.

And, it's ready for the message!

Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!  

Trena