Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Soaring

For my Ai Project this week I'm working on an outdoor scene.


I started with the background, layering color. I used a stylus and a light touch to pull color from the edge of Cryogen cardstock in. I started with the lightest blue - I squirted a few drops of ink into the lid, picked up color and pulled from the edge in going all the way to the center. I then added the next darkest blue, picking up color from the ink pad going not as far into the center, and so on - until the final layer of dark blue close to the edge.







I used a die cut to make a template for the clouds. I picked up the lightest blue with the stylus made small circles over the edge of the template creating subtle clouds.

For the forest image, I used a combination of blue and black inks, and stamping off on some of them to make the trees look like they were off in the distance. The eagle is stamped with VersaFine.

List of Supplies Used:
Stamps Soaring Eagle #F3262Sm. Forest #E692
Paper - Cryogen, glossy white
Coloring/Ink - Memento Ink Pads summer sky, bahama blue, danube blue, paris dusk, tuxedo black, VersaFine onyx black ink pad
Accessories - stylus, Spellbinders die cut

Thanks for visiting!
 
Take care and STAY POSITIVE! 

Trena