Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Provence in Watercolor

Hello!  Today I'm sharing a water color scene.  I love Sheena's  A Little Bit Scenic series!  For this card, I'm using the Provence set.


I inked up the image with VersaFine, stamped onto cold press watercolor paper sprinkled with detail emboss powder, and heat set.


Next, I trimmed down the paper and started coloring! My choice of medium today - Tombow Dual Brush Pens.  I worked in one small area at a time using  a combination of direct and in-direct methods to fill in color.  For the direct method, I colored directly onto the paper with the markers and then spread the color with a water brush, starting in the lightest area - and always starting with a clean brush.  In very small areas, I colored just a small amount and left part of the area without color - that would be the "lightest" color that I started in. For the in-direct method, I scribbled the marker onto a non-stick surface and picked up color with a water brush.  As with traditional water coloring, I wet the area first.  TIP: if you want more contrast, you can add a darker color after an area drys - this works with both methods.


On the inside I added a piece of design paper. I colored a portion of the stamp with a Memento marker and filled in color with the Tombows and a blender pen.

List of Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Sheena Douglass Provence set
Paper: Canson 140 lb cold press watercolor, BasicGrey, Stampin' UP! basic black, Georgia Pacific white
Coloring:  Tombow Dual Brush Pens
Ink:  VersaFine onyx black ink pad,  Memento tuxedo black marker
Accessories:  waterbrush, Stampin' Up! black detail emboss powder

Be sure to participate in our Crafter's Companion Blog Hop this week by visiting each of the DT members and leaving comments on our blogs - Monday's Post!  You can start at Carolyn's!
 Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena