Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Frosty and Bright

Today I'm featuring one of the cute new Christmas Mulberry Wood images coming out this week.  For those of you (I wish I could be one) that start making your Christmas cards now, there's some wonderful, fun images coming out at Crafter's Companion!  Each year, I think I'm going to start earlier, and the months just slip right by. :o)


I used Spectrum Noir Markers to color this little scene.  For the sky, I scribbled IB3 and TB3 onto a piece of plastic and spritzed with alcohol. I used a paintbrush to pick up color and spread. I colored right over the snow because I knew I was going to come back in with a white paint pen. I also used the paint pen on the moon, then drew over the outline with a black waterproof pen to make it pop. 

I stamped a small area of the image a second time and cut out his scarf. I used pop dots to adhere it.  To give some dimension and "frost" to the scene, I used Liquid Applique and glitter.

List of Supplies Used: 
Stamps: Mulberry Wood
PaperUltra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers, Stampin' Up!
Coloring: Spectrum Noir Markers, Sakura red glitter pen, Sharpie white Poster Paint Pen
Ink: Sakura Micron archival ink pen,  Memento Black ink pad
Accessories: alcohol, paintbrush,  Cuttlebug folder, Liquid Applique, fine glitter   
Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena