Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hope you Feel Better and Better!



It's Tuesday, so that means that I get to share something I made this week on the Crafter's Companion Information Blog!  One of my favorite ways to be creative is to design scenes for greeting cards.  The new Anthony & Burt images are perfect for that!! In this little get well scene, I placed them in Burt's bedroom. I used design paper for the walls - it supposed to look like wall paper.  I hand drew a base board, an outlet and light switch. I then added color with the Spectrum Noir markers right on the design paper.  I hand drew the painting over his bed onto white card stock with a multiliner that works with alcohol ink markers and then color it in with the Spectrum Noir markers. I had so much fun  - it's almost like decorating a room...almost. :o). The completed card is 5.25" square.

Here's what I did to make this little scene:
  1.  Stamped Anthony and Burt image onto white card stock. I recommend Memento with alcohol based markers.
  2. I stamped the image again onto design paper and cut out the bedspread and pillow.
  3. I colored Anthony and Burt on the white card stock using Spectrum Noir markers.  I used two or three markers in an area to color and blend. For tips on using Spectrum Noir markers, you can visit Youtube, or get Leann's DVD.  Leann gives great demonstrations and tips on using the markers to blend and get lovely results. I've been watching her this past week!
  4. I cut out the layers to size. The pink layer is from the Pearescent Brights pack and has a nice sheen. On the wall paper layer I stamped the sentiment.
  5. Adhered the layers, and all the pieces to the little scene and added some Stickles star dust glitter glue to Anthony's wings.
  6. I carried the theme forward on the inside of the card with a small piece of design paper.
Here are the markers I used  >

Stamps: Antony & Burt
Paper
:  Gina K,
Pearescent Brights, Basic Grey design paper
Inks
:
Spectrum Noir Markers
Accessories
: Copic black multiliner, craft knife and mat, Stickles star dust glitter glue

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena