Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Party Over Here!


Today I'm having a party with Anthony & Burt and Spectrum Noir Markers.

It does not matter if it's a celebration for a birthday, a graduation, a promotion, or a 'just because' party, Anthony and Burt are ready!  I can image they are ones who are the last to leave.  The host would have put away the food and beverages, turn off the music, and almost have to push them out the door before they would go home. :o)

To provide them a place to party, I hand drew a lily pad with a multiliner that works with alcohol ink markers and then colored it in with CG2, DG3 and JG6. I did not blend the lines completely because I wanted to leave some leaf veins  in like on a real lily pad.  I googled clip art lily pad to see what they look like up close.

Here's what I did to make this little party scene:

  1.  Stamped Anthony and Burt image onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers. I recommend Memento with alcohol based markers.
  2. Stamped the image again onto design paper. Also stamped the sentiment.
  3. I colored Anthony and Burt on the white card stock using my Spectrum Noir markers.  I used two or three markers in an area to color and blend. For tips on using Spectrum Noir markers, you can visit Youtube, or get Leann's DVD.  Leann gives great demonstrations and tips on using the markers to blend and get lovely results. The DVD is packed with information.  I like that I can rewind. :o)
  4. I then cut out all the pieces. Since I had stamped the image on my design paper, I only cut out the main pieces, i.e. I did not cut out all the confetti and Anthony's antennae. 
  5. Adhered the layers, and all the pieces to design paper and added some Stickles star dust glitter glue to Anthony's wings.
  6. I carried the theme forward on the inside of the card with a small piece of design paper.
Here are all the markers I used  >

Stamps: Antony & Burt
Paper
:
Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers, Hot off the press design paper,  Stampin' Up!
Inks
:
Spectrum Noir Markers
Accessories
: Copic black multiliner, craft knife and mat, Stickles star dust glitter glue


Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Trena