Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Painting with Paint Fusion



Hello CC Info Blog Buds!! Trena here to share what I'm doing with Sheena Douglas's New release of Paint Fusion flowers. When I first saw this fuchsia flower image, I have to admit, I did know what flower it was! :o) Kathy, my DT stampin' Sister told me. I googled it right away to see what colors it came in. I found some really pretty photos that gave me a guide for how they grow and colors.

I decided to do a fresh, clean look for a finished card so the focus is on the images. One of the things that attract me to Sheena's designs is her balance between creating an open image to paint or color and the detail she adds. Sheena has several video tutorials with tips on how to stamp and paint with her images. When you purchase her Paint Fusion images, they come with a practice guide. This finished card is 5/25" square. Here's how I made this card:
  1. Stamped images on white card stock.
  2. Used metallic and regular acrylic paints to paint vine and to fill in the color of flowers and leaves. For the leaves, I wanted to the detail of Sheena's design to show through, so I used a thin layer of paint.
  3. After filling in with color, went back over the outline of the images with a thin line of black paint.
  4. Allowed the paint to dry.
  5. Cut image to size and adhered all layers.
  6. Used Stickels Stardust glitter glue on the stamens.

Please note: the actual rubber stamp image may be smaller than appears here.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!