Friday, March 2, 2012

Watercolor Spruce

A few projects ago, I had so much fun coloring the Spruce Image and Spectrum Noir Markers, I wanted to watercolor the image. I just go back and forth - coloring with markers and water coloring! I admit, I just love coloring!

  1. Just as I did with the Gold Hill Shaftsbury, I stamped image with permanent ink, such as StazOn, onto watercolor paper.
  2. I then scribbled the markers on my non-stick craft sheet and picked up color with the water brush. I skipped a section as I painted to allow for drying.
  3. When it was all dry, I airbrushed the sky. Because the blue marker I used was such light blue and tree is green, I did not mask. I left some white spaces in the sky to create some clouds. I found the Spectrum Noir Markers fit into the Copic Airbrush System and provide a smooth, even results.


Stamps: Art-Kure Spruce Tree
Paper: 140 cold press watercolor paper, green and black card stock
Inks: black ink, Tombow Dual Brush Pens
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities, water brush

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!
Trena