Friday, January 18, 2013

Painting with Spectrum Noir Ink Refills & Organization


Spectrum Noir ink refills are really versatile and can be used in many ways. For this scene, I'm "painting" with them.  I stamped the poppy image from the  Little Bit Sketchy Stamp Set - Poppies and Daisies with a metallic gold ink pad onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers, sprinkled gold embossing powder and heat set.



I painted the flowers with BP1 and BP7 and a small round tip paint brush. I dipped my brush into alcohol first and pulled some of the color. The colors are so rich and spreads so nicely on the cardstock!  I used DG1 and BT5 for the steams.



To paint the sky I used BT1. I dripped color onto the pallet and spritzed with alcohol to thin it. I used a flat brush and pulled color out from the image.




To finish the card, I used my ebosser and folder to create the embossed layer.


 NOTE: Make sure you are working in a well ventilated area. The smell of alcohol can be strong at times.




Today, I'm also sharing a great organization product!  Crafter's Companion has a sale on their Embossing Folder Organizer Bundle.   In addition to my emboss folders, I put other slim supplies in there! I can quickly flip through the pages - no more digging through baskets. :o)






Be sure to stop by the Crafter's Companion Info Blog where you can see new products and the new Design Team.  You'll see some familiar names and 'meet' some new talented women! You can pop over to their blogs to see all the amazing things they are doing with the new designs!

 Thanks for visiting!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!