Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Is it Summer Yet?

Hello Ai Fans!  These two are ready for ready for 90 degrees and the beach.



I colored the Lounging Penguins (Sku#P3158) with Copic Markers and then masked them with masking fluid. Using fluid to mask is great when you have small areas you want to mask. I used an old craft brush to apply it.  This brush is dedicated to masking fluid.



After it dried, I placed masking tape down for the horizon line. I colored the sky by pulling color from the outside in using a blending tool and ink pad, leaving some areas light. A cloud template, cut from a die cut, is great for making clouds. Next, the ocean. I placed masking tape at the horizon line, and also to show where the sand will end. I used the same technique to pull color into the scene, using a darker shade blue.



For the sand, I laid down color with the same method and came back in using masking tape in the shape of small hills for texture.


Before I removed the masking fluid, I dabbed over it with a tissue to remove any wet ink and also made sure my fingers were clean.   I used a combination of an adhesive remover and my fingers to gently rub it all away. After all the fluid is removed, you can see any spots that need a cleaning up or changing.  I noticed that my blue chairs blending into the ocean, so I darkened the chairs.  I also did not cover masking fluid completely over my male penguin, so I got some ocean blue on him. To clean it up, I went in with a blue marker for shading.  As with cooking, it's not how well it comes out the first time, but how well you can recover from any mistakes. :o)

Please come back tomorrow to see what cool design Crystal has for you!!

Thanks for visiting

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

2 comments:

Nathalie Fournier said...

Votre est est splendide! La façon de faire votre ciel est géniale, je n'y avais pas pensé. Je vais essayer cela dès aujourd'hui. merci de partager vos techniques!

Curt in Indy said...

This is really a very cute image and your colored/sponged your scene beautifully! Best, Curt